The PC3418 has been designed using PC3 Series modules that have been proven to survive the rigors required for Railway Vehicles including:
- Electrical surges and transients of EN 50155 / EN 50121-3-2.
- Shock and vibration in accordance with EN 50155 / EN 61373.
- Operating temperature range of -30°C to +70°C and relative humidity 5% to 95% non-condensing.
- 10/100 Mbps Wired Ethernet in accordance with IEEE 802.3 via M12 D-Code
- Support for 4G / LTE Cat 1 Cellular networks.
- Support for GPS with an accuracy of up to 2.5m CEP.
- One RS232 serial communications port.
- One isolated RS485 serial communications port.
- Two isolated serial communications ports individually configurable as RS232,
5-Wire RS485 or 3-Wire RS485.
- Two independent (isolated) MVB-EMD interfaces.
- Suitable for nominal battery voltages of 24VDC in accordance with EN
- Operating temperature range: -30°C to +70°C (+85°C for 10 minutes).
- Connections for RS232 and RS485 via DB9 female connectors.
- Connections for MVB-EMD via DB9 connectors (one male and one female).
- Connections via cage clamp plug socket connectors.
- Conformal Coating.
- EN 50155 Compliant.